Back to the Rain!

Well, Tuesday I returned to cool and rainy Massachusetts from hot and sunny Florida.

It was tough to leave Fl -- not because of the weather -- I don't like it over 85 degrees, but because I miss my daughter. I hate the fact that I have to travel 1200 miles to see her.

It was also tough to only see my son and his wife for 2 days and know that I will have to travel to California to see them.

Now that I am old and decrepit traveling by plane isn't fun. I have too much stuff to carry and although the security checks are pretty quick now, it is still a pain. In fact, one security person chided me because I didn't realize that I hadn't pushed my bag fully on to the conveyor belt. Gimme a break!

I also got a little confused when I picked up my rental car. I had to stop and talk to an attendant after getting in the car and I couldn't find the button to open the window. I looked at the door and everywhere on the dash -- but no button. Then I saw this funny looking black curvy handle on the door. Oooh!! Manual windows!! Who has seen those for 20 years??? I finally was able to open the window. I also had to figure out the manual door locks. Every time Sharon got out of the car her door locked, but mine didn't. (I finally figured out that she was actually pushing the door lock button down when she got out of the car. duh! My brain was also on vacation.)

I had a very lazy time in Port Orange -- I never even walked the beach this year, but I did at least look at it!

We mostly sat around and went out to eat. Amazingly I did not gain any weight. I did manage to walk 2 miles on three of the days and 1 mile on the other days -- still somewhat short of my 3 mile a day goal.

I also tortured my grand-dog just by being there. Luckily my grand-cats remembered me and I was able to keep them amused with cat-toys.

Now back to reality and trying to figure out how to get rid of the unnecessary stuff in our house. Ugh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still losing weight!

Advice not wanted

The First Day