Another Step

I walked 3 miles so far today and I took another big step. I called a personal trainer that I know. I used to be in a boot camp class that she ran that was great. That class is no longer available to me, so I finally contacted her. She will set up something for me next week.

 I know that strength training is very important and my inconsistent attempts are not helping enough. She is very good at motivating me and understands my limitations (osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis). Just making the phone call helps my motivation. I'm hoping by bumping up my activity and strength training that my weight will move a down a little more. Of course it also means that I can't overeat to compensate for extra activity!!! 

 Yesterday I really wanted to make some monkey bread, but I resisted the urge. The calories must be unbelievable! I know this is boring - but it's not like thousands of people are hanging on my every word - my food for today: Scrambled eggs ( 3 whites and one egg+ 1 tsp butter) 2 oz oatmeal/or equivalent 1 banana ( 4 oz) Calories:395 Lunch: 2 low fat turkey hotdogs 2 cups of salad 1 tsp mustard and relish, 1 T lowfat honey mustard dressing 1 nectarine (6 oz) Calories: 340 Supper plan: 3 oz protein( low fat) 1 C cooked veggies (low starch) 2 c cucumber with 1T vinegar Calories: 200 Snack: 1 C skim milk 90 My total today will be 1025. My breakfast was a little heavier than usual, I usually like to keep it under 300 calories. I like to have a little heavier supper to keep me from wanting to snack at night. Oh, well. I guess I'll make some diet jello.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still losing weight!

Advice not wanted

The First Day