So, what is my food plan like -- you might ask?

Although I've talked about calories, I don't recall that I've mentioned the specifics of what I eat. A typical day starts out with 2 eggs or 4 egg whites, 1 oz of oatmeal (measured dry and cooked according to directions) and 6 oz of fruit(orange or banana or 1/2 cup of applesauce). (315 calories)

 For lunch I have 3 oz of lean protein usually chicken or turkey, 8 oz of raw veggies such as carrots, celery, cucumber , radishes and lettuce, and another 6 oz of fruit. Usually an apple. (280 calories) Midafternoon I also have 8 oz of non-fat milk. (80 cal) 

 For supper I eat 3 oz of lean protein, (occasionally I have 1 oz of nuts), 6 oz of a cooked vegetable such as broccoli, green beans or carrots, and a 6 oz salad with a tablespoon of dressing that doesn't exceed 14 grams of fat. (300 calories) The only times I deviate from these measurements and probably fat content is when I eat at a restaurant. I try to eat out rarely, and usually eat half of the portions. Also, I occasionally eat protein that is more than 40 calories per oz, but I try to limit that also. I enjoy my meals because I eat healthy whole foods that are very satisfying.

 Between meals I drink black tea and coffee (mostly decaffinated) and water. I also like fresh lemon in my water and tea. I use stevia extract when I want a little sweetener, although I must confess that I still grab a sweet'n' low packet once in a while. I know - I know it is bad for me!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still losing weight!

Advice not wanted

The First Day