May 9, 2009

I started a post the other day but never finished. So I'm here again. My weight is back down again. I think that the new dose of Byetta is actually having an effect. Because I have diabetes, weight loss is very difficult. When I was at my high weight of 276 lbs, I chose not to look into gastric bypass surgery, but instead started increasing my exercise and reducing my food intake.

I was successful for several years. From 1998 to 2007 I lost 70 lbs and have been maintaining that weight loss for the past two years. I have been unable to lose significantly more weight on 1200 calories. Since I have been on the 10 mcg of Byetta, I have been able to stay close to 1000 calories per day and am down two more lbs. I am really hopeful, that now I will continue to lose more weight.

I average walking two miles a day, and should increase it back up to 3 to 4 miles a day. This year the snow and ice combined with my klutzyness caused me to fall a couple of times and really hamper my exercise routine. However, I seem to be back on track again.

I could say that life sucks being on the obese side of fat, but I actually am much healthier now than I was a few years ago. My blood sugar is almost normal,my cholesterol and related numbers are great,my blood pressure is good and I am working at a fairly active job so I really can't complain although I still like to!

So if you are old and still kinda fat like I am and struggle, I would love to hear from you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still losing weight!

Advice not wanted

The First Day