Time is flying by!

I can't believe it is already Jan 21.   I got some good news this month.  My body fat percentage is the lowest it has been in a long time.   In 2000, my body fat was 49%,   This month it is 28.9%!
I am thrilled.

My trainer was happy too.  I had been complaining for a couple of months that nothing seemed to be happening either weight-wise or body-fat wise.

I don't think I mentioned this, but some bone fragments made moving very painful for a couple of weeks. Gradually over the past month I had been working up to my pre-injury exercise routine and last Thursday was the first day I was able to do my full workout.  It felt great.  I spend about 45 minutes in the gym - 12-16 minutes warm-up and then 30 minutes with weights/exercises.
The I do a round of exercises in a heated pool.   This helps my arthritis so much.  I would recommend it for everyone.  On the days I don't go to the gym I ride my stationary bike and walk 2-3 miles.  I've been light on the walking because of my knee and the ice.  I have Leslie Sansone's walking tape so I will try to do more in the house.

Although my gym routine is manageable, housework seems to tire me out more.  I can't seem to vacuum and wash floors for more than an hour at a time.  I will keep plugging away.

I am trying a new baked cauliflower recipe today.  I will let you know how it is.  Monday I made some sugar-free macaroons, but I like them too much so I gave them away.  Just because they don't have sugar it doesn't mean that they don't have calories!

Oh - my pet peeve is people sending mindless emails with false information.  Please if you are sending emails make sure you have the facts.  I usually check www.snopes.com  to get the facts, or some other reliable fact checking site.

I guess I have rested enough- back to work for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still losing weight!

Advice not wanted

The First Day